Search Texas Divorce Index Records 1968-2011 on Familyrelatives.com
Information Available in this Collection
The Texas Divorce Index Records cover a large number of records between 1968 - 2011 and contain almost 4.30 million Divorces. The records typically include the following information:
- Name Of Husband
- Husband's Age
- Name Of Wife
- Wife's Age
- Date of Marriage
- County Code
- County Name
- Date of Divorce
- File Number
Please note the original data does not always provide full information and there are fewer records in the earlier years.
Research the State of Texas divorce records database for your ancestors with this invaluable tool.
Verification of a Divorce
Verification letters are not considered legal substitutes for divorce decrees. It is strongly recommended that you make sure a verification letter will satisfy your intended use before ordering.
Certified copies of divorce decrees are only available from the district clerk in the county or district in which it was obtained.
The Texas Vital Statistics provides letters verifying whether or not a divorce was recorded with the State of Texas based on the application for divorce sent to the office by the county clerk or district clerk. If no record of a divorce is found then the verification letter itself can be considered a "single-status letter".
Verification letters of divorce are available for divorces that occurred from 1968 to the present.
Is a divorce-verification letter the same as a divorce decree?
No, a divorce-verification letter is not the same as a divorce decree. A divorce-verification letter is a letter that verifies whether or not a divorce has been recorded with the State of Texas since 1968. For copies of divorce decrees, contact the district clerk in the district where the divorce was granted.
What information do I need to know before I can order a divorce-verification?
- The full name of the husband on the divorce decree (optional if the wife's name is entered on your request for the record)
- The full name of the wife on the divorce decree (optional if the husband's name is entered on your request for the record)
- The date, or date range if the exact date is not available, when the divorce was granted, if known
- The county or city where the divorce was granted, if known
- The date of birth for the husband, if known
- The date of birth for the wife, if known
- The age of the husband when the divorce was granted, if known
- The age of the wife when the divorce was granted, if known
For Further information please visit http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/vs/reqproc/mdverification.shtm
1100 W. 49th Street
Austin, TX 78756
8 am - 5 pm